Monday, March 16, 2009

Teachers

I am grateful for the Teachers i have had and how they have inspired me to become a teacher.

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Erickson. I have wanted to be a teacher ever since. I remember my mom taught me how to read really early so i always helped others and felt really smart

My second grade teacher came to my baptism even though she wasn't of our faith. I loved that she shared such a special day with me.

My Third grade teacher Mrs Piercy had cool hair and wore fun clothes. She made everything so entertaining. I have always wanted to be a fun teacher like her

I loved my fourth grade teacher Mrs. Rochon so much. She really took the time to befriend her students and make sure they understood everything. I loved her so much i had her in fifth grade too!!

In 8th grade i had a teacher named Mr Pickering. this teacher everyone talked bad about and said he was horrible. but i took him anyways and Loved him. It taught me not to judge a teacher by rumors.

In 10, 11 and 12th grade (high school) my favorite teacher was Mr Fenner. He was my favorite. He taught so much but it was so fun and entertaining. He knew how to really enjoy teaching and live his life to the fullest. I made him a quilt for graduation that said "i survived 3 years with Courtney, and all i got was this lousy blanket." it was awesome.

In college i have loved Sister Anderson and Sister Cramner. Both of them are so successful and have done so much to help their students. They have worked to make the lives of those who they teach better and better.
Even though i hate Assessments i sure do admire Brother Cloward. He is teaching me (slowly but surely) that there is more in school than getting A's. Maybe it is better to become the best professionals we can be.

I am so glad i have had good teachers in my life. I hope that i can be a good teacher and be examples and role models to my future students.
I heard a quote today that said "do something you love, and you will never work a day in your life." i remember asking my dad if he had fun at work and he would always say "work is work, if it was fun they wouldn't call it work" i sure hope that i love my class enough to say it is fun. I know it won't be easy but oh it will always be rewarding!!

No comments: