Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baby Showers and Enrichment

I am SO thankful for my enrichment committee and the relief society presidency!!!! We had the BEST super Saturday activity. We always have a hard time getting sisters to come but this was a great turn out. We hired a girl named Jessica to help us make Vinyl tiles. She has a vinyl business. Check it out here!! she also has a store on etsy.com Here!! She creates all the designs and weeding herself. This is what i made!! a mosaic letter!! i love it!!



We also had a girl who is an accounting major teach a budgeting lesson and a sister in our ward taught about the family proclamation to the world.

We also served lunch. Pasta. We invited the Elder's Quorum and it seemed everyone enjoyed it. I was very impressed with myself because i fed 40 people with only $25!! i bought 8 pounds of noodles, 64 ounces of sauce and 8 loaves of french bread. It was the perfect amount!! we had just a little left over.

It was a great activity. I am glad it is over though. It was stressful to make sure everything fell into place. I even had a nightmare last night that everything went wrong. So maybe it will be a while until we do another SUPER activity. But it went great!

I also have this new love for baby showers! my friends are popping out babies like crazy. I about a month ago i knew 11 people prego and now its more like 7. But i made a diaper cake for a girl in my ward. It turned out so cute. About 5 other sisters in the ward chipped in for it so it was really fun to put together.

I also learned how to make these little binky clips. My friend bought her daughters for like 7 dollars and i was like i bet i could make that. So then i bought some suspender clips and 15 inches of ribbon and made Kaylee one for $1.50. So i made one for Hilary's little boy too and attached it to the cake! so take a look. Yay for new crafts!!




1 comment:

Ma Mere said...

I am glad that your super saturday activity went well! You're tile is very cute! I do like it in red.
Your diaper cake is quite fancy, too!
Have a wonderful week! We love and miss you!

~Mom