Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3

I am thankful for BYU-Idaho. I can't believe i am so close to being done. I only have 3 classes left. I just got my placement for student teaching (rexburg) and i will get my assignment soon. Since i took some classes in high school i am graduating a year early. Its so exciting that after wanting to be a teacher since i was little i am finally going to have my own classroom.




i took these pictures for my families christmas card my first semester i was here.

I love learning spiritually as well as temporally. I love the spirit i feel on campus and how we start class with prayer. It just reminds me everyday about the real reason we are alive. I love the honor code too. It sounds silly but it really changes the atmosphere when we all dress nice and live the gospel.

I am grateful the tithe payers of the world who lower our tuition and sign my paycheck. I remember my sophomore year my book of mormon teacher told us that there is some little old lady sweeping her dirt floor down in south america who gave all she had to tithing and that tithing helps pay my tuition. This lady will never get to go to school here, she will never get to send her children here or even be able to travel to see our beautiful campus. I have never forgotten that because its so easy to take our blessings for granted.

I love working at the school too. I feel like it is a great way to serve others while making a little extra money. I have helped a lot of people find things in their transcripts that have saved them a whole semester. Also i love talking to people about what they want to do "when they grow up" and how to get them there. I am ready to have my own class but i will miss working in the Advising office when that time comes

2 comments:

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

I am so excited for you! Sometimes I really wish that I would have finished school. I admire you so much! You are awesome! Congrats on getting accepted for student teaching. That is exciting!

Ashley said...

Courtney!!!! I LOVE your new blog design!! it looks great! I miss seeing you so much! I also love all of these things that you are grateful for! I am grateful for you!