Thursday, March 5, 2009

FOOD

I am thankful for being fed. I love food and am particularly grateful that i am full and healthy. My friend Heather was talking about all the traditions we have around food. Its true i rarely do something with her with our eating or trying something. i have been trying to improve my cooking abilities (if my sister lives with us this fall i need to be able to keep her fed too!) Last week i made Tater Tot Casserole and this weekend i am going to make Lasagna. I don't normally cook for people because i am not very good at it but it is a skill i hope to improve. My mom and Grandma are amazing cooks so i should try to keep that going. otherwise my kids will go to Grandmas and never want to come back.


This is one of the first meals i made at college. It was disgusting. I ruined the spaghetti and it was just all clumped together and dry. I am happy to say i have come along way!!

Today i drove my friend Heather to the store to get her friend Leah a birthday present. She doesn't have a car and i do so i try to serve her by giving her rides because i know how it sucks not to have transportation. I think that is an easy way to be compassionate. Share your resources. If you have something someone else doesn't that is a very easy way to serve.

1 comment:

Katie Bolton said...

I'm already loving your blogs about being thankful. I think I'm going to do it for April. :) You make me realize that there's so much to be grateful for!