Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SMILE

Today i am grateful for the ability to Smile. I was walking to class today and passed this girl with the BIGGEST smile on her face. At first i thought "why is this girl so happy? something must be going really great!" but then i thought maybe not. Maybe she is just smiling because she can. So it made me smile and i thought how much better people look when they smile.

Since i was little it hasn't taken much to get me to smile in front of a camera. this picture is from high school and i have always loved it ever since one of my friends told me that it was the biggest smile he had ever seen and that my smile is almost too big for my face. ha ha
I am grateful for my smile, my nice straight teeth my parents paid for and my skinny lips i inherited from my mother.
I started looking at everyone's smile throughout the day and thinking of the people i know with the bestest best smiles. Travis has the cutest dimples when he smiles and they are my kryptonite. My friend Ashley has the cutest smile that is ever so cheery, My cousin brittney smiles like a model queen, My friend Nicole has this peaceful smile that means everything is going to be okay. My mom has this smile that means she loves me more than anything, My friend Abe has the most adorable smile. as do basically any little kid! My aunt tappy smile shines through even the worst of times, My cousin Anna's smile makes me smile and reminds me of a million different memories. Pretty much anytime any one smiles at me i feel the urge to smile back. That is the great thing about smiles they really are contagious. So smile more so you can get smile wrinkles so even when your not smiling you look like you are. ha ha

(ps this is totally my 101 post!! i have really been blogging that long!! hoorray best journal i have ever kept)



Today i had a great lesson in New testament about when Christ raises Lazarus from the dead. Mary is weeping and so Jesus weeps with her. Jesus knew that He would raise his friend from death but before he did he showed compassion for mary and cried with her. I learned a powerful lesson from this. I am the queen of telling people "its going to be alright" but maybe, just maybe, my words do not help them as much as if i really had compassion and tried to understand how they were feeling. What a great example that Jesus. The more i learn about him and the things He has done for me and all of us, i am just amazed.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Court, I love you and your smile. You truely make me smile.