Ok so after months of absence from my lovely blog I've decided to return.
I really do love blogging.
I've just been very busy, and pessimistic....
It is very hard to blog when you are barely treading water in life.
I like to be known as a pleasant girl... so the phrase "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" took hold of this blog.
But after surviving the only legal form of slavery left in this country (aka Student Teaching) I can finally breathe and smile.
I loved student teaching but it was A LOT of work. I loved the students and especially 2nd grade but the phrase "Oh well my student teacher could do that for you" got really old really fast. There is so much pressure that comes with student teaching because your teacher has your future in their hands with a little thing they call "Letter of Recommendation" You think I am being Dramatic but I'm not kidding. I loved teaching but pleasing the teacher and proving yourself is exhausting. In the end I learned a TON and am better for it.
Anyways enough of that... I survived and my Diploma will be here in 4-6 weeks! Hallelujah! Can you believe I am a college grad... WoW!
Now for Some Mattoon Highlights
Top ten without pictures sorry!
10. We survived a semester living off of one part time job!!! Wowza!! We should win a prize. Our savings "saved" us and we avoided debt! My sweet wonderful husband took 16 credits and worked nights bless his lovely stubborn heart!!
9. I Survived student teaching and got extra experience by extending until December. 12 weeks in Special Ed 6 weeks in 2nd Grade. Wrote an IEP/Eligibility report for a little boy with cerebral palsy. Took me 30 hours. Mother said it was the best IEP written for her son! BOO YA BABY!!
8. I turned 22! Went shopping with the girls, got yummy red robin and a heated mattress pad from my mom that is just HEAVENLY a must have for Rexburg. So now I sleep nice and toasty.
7. My Friend Mindy is having a baby!! and so is my cousin Jess. My two married BFF's! I can't wait. Both will be here in MAY!! Hurry up May!
6. A new movie has finally replaced my top favorite movie. It was Edward Scissors Hands for the LONGEST time (go ahead and roll your eyes but that movie is amazing for so many reasons) But the new movie is (drumroll) The Blindside. Oh my gosh it is the best. If you have not seen it you need to go ASAP! It is just incredible!!!
5. Travis decided he doesn't want to teach. So we changed his major to Generals. Got him signed up for a Coaching Cluster and signed him up for 21 credits! He will have his AA in April and we are looking into our options to get him away from BYU-I and into the Collegiate Coaching World so he can start climbing that Totem Pole.
4. My little sister living with us was such a great idea. So suck it all you haters. We had a blast together. Even Travis didn't mind it (ya right they are best friends)! Even though Clara had a rough start at school I think she enjoyed her time with us and I can't wait until she is back on track in April (although she is happy to be in Seattle, who wouldn't) I bawled like a baby when I said good-bye. I didn't see that one coming.
3. I got a new Job. Well 2 new jobs. I am going to be an account/assistant/secretary for this satellite company in Rexburg. It is great pay and I am enjoying an office job until I can get a job in a classroom this fall. I am also going to do some PSR work (Psychosocial Rehabilitation. I will work one-on-one with a child and their family both in their homes and in the community to help them gain skills needed to reduce the impact their mental illness has on their life. Mental illness ranging anywhere from ADD to Schizophrenia. I don't know who I will be working with yet but I am glad I found something so I can still work with children a little bit.
2. Had the best Thanksgiving with Travis' side of the family. Went to his G&G house. GOT A SERGER!!!! If you don't know what that is it is basically a sewing machine on steroids! Holy cow I love that thing. Mesa is her name and making things fabulous is her game.
1. Christmas with my family and Travis' for a few days. I love my house at Christmas time. I love Jesus. We were so ridiculously spoiled. I got this book of all our past christmas pictures, clothes, jewelry, a Coach purse, perfume, new rain boots, a sonic care tooth brush the list goes on for days. Thank you mom and dad.
So there you go. All that waiting and checking my blog for updates had now paid off (don't pretend you didn't do it) So leave a comment and welcome me back. Love you all.
We hope you had a very merry Christmas. I am looking forward to this new year and hope you all are safe and happy during this wonderful season.
Courtney's Back, Tell your friends
Look who's back, Look who's back, Look who's back- Slim Shady