Sunday, March 15, 2009

The blog from yesterday


Man i didn't mean to forget yesterday. I knew all day what i was thankful for.
I am grateful for my Freaking Best Friend Opal. Whether she reads this or not she deserves an entire post.
Opal and i have been best friends since my freshman year of high school. (going on 7 years) We are complete opposites in somethings but we complete each other. A lot of people are surprised when they meet opal or vis versa, because we aren't what others would expect to be best friends. But that doesn't stop us from being so incredibly close
When i look back on my life, how i grew to be the person i am right now, Opal was there for all the major events. she's known every boyfriend, cried with me through countless heart breaks, when the world was crashing down she did her best to hold it up, and she was there to celebrate with me when i won queen and when i went through the temple to marry the man of my dreams. We were roommates that did everything together and she is the first one i want to tell when something goes wrong or right. She gives the best hugs and the best advice.
My 19th birthday was the most depressing and horrible day ever and so for my 20th Opal gave me an entire birthday Week!! and when i was in Virginia missing her so so much we came home just in time for her 23rd!!
Everyone should have a best friend like opal. Who can tell you your an idiot and a princess all at the same time. I love Opal and i owe her the world. I am so glad she has found someone to make her happy. She came over last night and she was the happiest i have seen her ever, because she found DAN. Yay.

and Opal is also VERY talented. she painted this picture for me!!

3 comments:

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

:) I think Opal is in one of my classes.

Opal said...

I love you with all of my heart! You are my best friend. You are my family. Forever and always! :)

jenna said...

hey sorry i didn't text back! things have been crazy! we are out of town this weekend so dang it we'll miss you!!