Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth day and Love

I am so happy lately!! it has been super sunny here in good ol' Rexburg, but i am sure by saying this it will snow tomorrow! ha



Here i am on my first day of my last semester of college. Travis wasn't there to take the picture so i had to do it myself. Travis is working full time form 6am to 2pm and then golfing until dark.

My last classes started Monday and already got me on my toes. I had to read a 150 page book on professionalism in one night. It was an easy read but it was tough because sometimes i am not really professional because i am such a goofball. It something i am really going to try to work on. Being more serious but definitely not boring. I hope my cooperating teacher isn't a serious nazi.

Another great reason i am happy lately is our new ward. It is fabulous. I suppose it isn't really "new" since we didn't move but we have such a turnover rate with people moving in and out that it really has been fun to meet all the new girls. Today we had a great Enrichment (if i do say so myself, since i planned it.) It was a great turn out and we got to meet a lot of new people.

My classes are so far so good. I am only in 3 but they are all practicum experiences. So i work with kindergartners from 7:45-12:15 and Preschoolers for 12:45- 4:45 3 times a week.




Today a friendly man from the local presbyterian congregation gave me a New Testament. Some people were being really rude and putting their hands up when they walked by or just giving off the body language of rudeness. And i just thought that was kind of sad. We would never want that to happen to our LDS missionaries. So i think it is all about prospective. I think that is what Jesus would have done. Been at least nice about it even though he knew the truth. So just something for every one out there in blogger world to think about.



Travis has been golfing alot!! i never see him. But we had a competition who could close their mouth the most with a golf ball in it. My mouth won!! here is a picture although of course travis wouldn't let me take one of him trying.



Also i saw the Hannah Montana movie!! so cute!! it has the best music in it too!! Me and my friend Mindy went for her birthday. We went at night so the theater was almost empty because all the little kids were home sleeping. But i highly recommend it to anyone!!!

We rearranged our living room!! i love it. We brought my desk out into the living room so now i don't have to be all alone in the back of the hallway when travis is not studding these next couple months.



Oh and last i made a blog with some of the crafts i want to do and have done. It is still a work in progress. But when i make cute things i'll post the instructions so if you want to make something i've made you know how!! The site is here I named it "quarter's crafts" because that is one of my nicknames and everything on there is cheap and simple to do. But check back because it is a work in progress!!

So that is what has been up with us!! were happy and still love each other! (that's for my dad)

Ya for Summer!!

6 comments:

Samantha Mendez said...

Courtney congrats on being almost done with school!

Hey, I completely agree with you about being kind to others, even if they are teaching something we don't believe in. Christ wants us all to be kind to our neighbors, whether we know them or not. I hope more people of our faith could understand how a simple gesture or ignoring someone could be setting a bad example for people who haven't been taught the gospel yet.

Oh, and by the way... I LOVE HANNAH MONTANA!!! :]

Kali Leenstra said...

Good luck with your last semester, you're almost finished!

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

I love your pictures! You are so cute! :)

Hang in there, you'll be graduating before you know it!

The Winns said...

Hey! Great update; it looks like you dyed your hair since I last saw it (so maybe it's been a while ago) but regardless, I like the darker color! I'm glad to hear a review of the Hannah Montana Movie - I think I'm totally gonna force Scott to go see it with me. We went through a face a few years ago of watching Hannah Montana, so I'm curious to see it! Enjoy the youngsters - that must be so much fun!

Shari said...

I'm glad to hear you are happy and still in love. I bet your Dad is too. LOL I love reading your blog Courtney. You always make me smile.

African Kelli said...

Please remove this post from your site immediately:
http://quartercrafts.blogspot.com/2009/04/travel-jewelry-case.html

These are my directions, my photo and my tutorial. Essentially what you've done here is called stealing and it is not appropriate!