Monday, April 6, 2009

Social Studies Methods

My favorite class this semester is Social Studies Methods. It is so fun! we had to make this presentation called a "museum fest" where the class walks around and does different activities without teacher instruction. I did mine on "character education" which is a category that teaches students about themselves and values and rules to live by etc. So i made mine for Kindergarten and made it wheelchair assessable for special education. That way all my future students can reach the activity. So i cut the poster board in half so that all the activities were lower.



The first activity is a little diecut paper dolls where the students will dress themselves and draw on eyes and hair. Then there are little fish in a fish bowl where the students will put on sparkley scales like the book The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfisher.




Then on the other board there is an activity about listening, turn taking and cleaning up. Very simple values for kindergarten to comprehend. I can't wait to show it off to my class.

Its final week and i am doing just fine. I am very impressed with my stress level. I finished assessments. I haven't gotten my final grade but i did get a 89 on the written part of the final!! yay!!

And my Aunt and cousins are coming this weekend and i can't wait to go on our Porter's run!! I just love family!!

3 comments:

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

your presentation looks great!! :)

Ma Mere said...

Looks GREAT Courtney! I'm sure your teacher and class mates will enjoy your presentation!

~Mom

~Orchideh~ said...

I love you!! You're soo cool... I'm so glad you're graduating in ECSE!!! You're going to be one of the best teachers ever in life.. holy crap!