Saturday, April 11, 2009

Laugh at the past

My friend Katie just made this post on sense of humor and past things that at the time were so embarrassing and now you can look back and just laugh. So i wanted to copy her and make a list of things i too can look back on and laugh.

-When i was trying out different kinds of birth control my hormones and emotions were all out of wack. So i was boiling macaroni and the water spilled over. I went ballistic bawling because i was wasting water and people in "africa" don't even have water. *note: you pour out the water after the noodles are cooked anyways. I wouldn't have survived without my good patient roommates.

-I got hit in the face with a bowling ball on my first date with Steven Campbell. The bowling alley didn't have any big Band-Aids so they gave me a Pad. I held it on my chin and we got lost and couldn't find the hospital. I was panicking because i hate blood. When we found it i had to call my mom to tell her what happened. Then i went to school and had to tell the story a thousand times.

-I was giving this presentation for sex abstinence to freshman my senior year. I was standing in the front when the projector came on and i freaked out and hid my face and ducked because i thought something was shouting at me. It's funny to think about now but man i was so embarrassed.

- I gave a talk on "immortality" in sacrament but instead said "immorality" the whole talk. Not the same thing

-I used to think that Montana had a D in it like Mondana

- I dated this rich fancy pants kid in highschool and i never knew how to eat their fancy feasts over there. One time i was trying to eat an eggplant and i picked it up and took a bite like it was a pear. It made me gag right at the dinner table. I looked around and they are all slicing theirs up. wow

- We have some crazy home videos of us growing up being complete goofballs when we were in our parents old t-shirts as nightgowns and brushing our teeth. I think i could show those to just about anyone now.

- I was walking in my converse in the snow in rexburg. I was walking and texting (never a good combo) and i completely slipped and landed on my back. Not my but just straight to my back. on busy road. cool.

- I was attempting to learn to ride my bike again and i ran into a parked car at the post office. Like 4 people came out of the post office or out of their cars to see if i was okay.

- I played barbies when i was like 15 everyday played using voices and drama just like i was 7. I collected beanie babies and
played with my american girl dolls too.

- In high school i was the most naive and gullible person alive ever. I am trying really hard to improve that. i used to believe what anyone said.

- I needed my car jump but it was raining but a friend said it would be fine because the hood on the land cruiser was big enough. So i had him jump it. When he was connecting the cables he acted like he was getting electrocuted. i started screaming and running and circles in front of everyone climbing into their cars getting ready to go home. He stopped and laughed and laughed.



Oh the memories of the past. I am sure their are much more but these are the ones that came to mind.

Happy Easter Everyone!!

3 comments:

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

this is so cute!!

well we aren't going camping right now b/c we dont have a tent or anything, but i would love to go sometime, the guy at wal-mart said as long as you stay out of the desert and higher on mountains there shouldn't be as many but I am so terrified of them.

Katie Bolton said...

I loved this!! haha! especially the first one! Birth control made me INSANE! I had to get off the stuff or I think RJ probably would have killed me. haha. poor guy. :)