Saturday, April 18, 2009

exhausted


Wow so today i babysat for 9 hours. 5 of which were at a park. I babysat a 5 month old and a 2 year old. Holy cow i am exhausted. They were very fussy today and so we went back and forth from their home and the park. They would cry at home i'd take them to the park they would stop crying, when it was time to leave they'd start back up. My arms are tired from holding 2 heavy babies and my legs are tired from pushing a double stroller back and forth 4 blocks 4 times today.

I wonder... are your own kids easier because you know how to make them stop crying?? I also wonder why God created crying. I am sure babies would be a lot easier if they just came out talking. I am not a fan of this can't talk so i'll cry stage. I am beginning to think that i will not do a good job as a mother. My mom is the best. She makes it look so easy.

I also went to visit my friend Nicole who just had her baby. 24 hours and 2 epidurals later she looked great and the baby was healthy. I think i would die if that happened to me. Please labor go easy on me or i'll never have more than one kid. ha ha

So this post is a post of doubt on my part but an admiration congratulation for all those who are moms. WOW hats off to you. Now i am going to sleep. I get to sleep in tomorrow. But school starts on Monday. whoop whoo

3 comments:

jenna said...

i assure you that raising your own babies is MUCH easier. i'm always amazed at the patience i can conjure up for my baby but yet i seem to have little to NO patience for other people's kids. Heavenly Father really does step in to bless you. You will be a fab. mom!
...
but labor sucks regardless :)

Samantha Mendez said...

I can't wait to have babies. :]

Shari said...

Yes your baby will cry, maybe even for months at a time...but your love for it makes all the difference in the world. It's so weird because I babysit a two month old, adorable baby girl. She is a good baby and smiles like you wouldn't believe but it is just not the same as when I hold Benton and he's not even my own child. Just having that family bond makes it all so much more remarkable and gives you the added desire to just love them and endure. :)