Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking back on 2008 looking ahead to 2009

We have had a great year. Here is a list of the highlights of 2008.

Travis and I moved to Rexburg to our hallway home
I got the 1/2 tuition academic scholarship
Travis turned 22!
I got all A's in Winter 2008
Travis got 25 sales one week in March at Progression
Anna chopped my hair into an A-line Bob
The doctors got rid of my stomach problems
We signed up for Summer sales
We moved to Indiana then to Virginia
We got a puppy
We played on the beach the EAST coast
We drove across the United States twice
We made a ton of new friends
We moved back to Rexburg
I became the Enrichment Leader for our ward
We spoke in church
Travis got a job at Lexington Law firm and switched to working nights
Travis started school
Travis was the number one draft pick for the school football team
Travis was the quarterback, kicker and defense for the Wolverines
I survived my hardest semester yet at BYUI
I worked 20 hours a week at the advising center aka the best place to work
We went to Seattle twice i went to Seattle 3 times
We went to our Friends wedding
I turned 21!! whoo hoo
I renewed my Lisense in Idaho
We bought and decorated our first Christmas tree
We had a happy anniversary i got flowers for the fist time
We spent Christmas here alone together
We had a very happy Year

What Courtney is looking forward too
finishing my last year of college
Paying off the blasted jetta
Redecorating the hallway home
finishing off more goals off my list
Playing the Wii
Seeing all my friend's new babies when they have them
Becoming a better person
Traveling to Seattle again and again
Sewing on my new sewing machine
Learning new talents
a trip to Minnesota

What Travis is looking forward too
Getting through another year of school
getting through another year of marriage
Taking Football theory 2 more times
Coaching or playing football again
buying a TV for the bedroom
Watching sports

We hope you all have a wonderful New Year!!
A note to my mother: I am glad that i will not be home so i will be missing that delicious sauerkraut i gag on every year. Travis is disappointed. We will be having pork so we can be prosperous though!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

SOunds like you had a fabulous year and have lots to look forward to for 2009! Im especially excited about the trip to MInnesota!! you better come visit me! after all we have the best shopping!

Nicole said...

That's a cute post Court. I just read it all aloud for Nathan. I liked the term "hallway home".... haha

Shari said...

Great blog Courtney. Can I give just one piece of advice though, and I speak from experience, don't ever, ever, ever put a TV in your bedroom. You need to keep one place where it is just about you and Travis and not football, or sitcoms or anything else. You need a place where the noise doesn't keep you from meditating or sleeping, a place where you can go to read, have private conversations with your hubby or just for peace. It doesn't seem so necessary now but as soon as your family starts growing, trust me it will be. Okay, I'm done preaching. Hope you have a wonderful 2009. I know I will. I'm going to be a grandma!!!

Ma Mere said...

The pork and sour kraut were delicious as always! Tell Travis that you guys missed out! Hope you fit pork into your day so you'll have a prosperous 2009!

~Mom