Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Trip with the not so happy return

Long but i promise it is a good story.

For my Christmas present this year Travis gave me a trip home to see my family. So the night after finals i was on my way! The way there was great (well besides the broken windsheild wipers in the snow storm and driving by braille the whole way on the rumble strip!) My cousin Brittney was on the same bus and flight so we had a great time chatting and waiting in the airport, watching movies and also catching up on some much needed sleep. But we made it safe and sound and it was SO fun seeing my family.
I went to escape the snow only to be disappointed because it was snowing in Seattle. My siblings got an entire week off because of it! but it was still great to see my parents and siblings. My in-laws gave me a birthday party and i got to see my niece and nephew and guess what? another is on the way. My sister in law Melissa is pregnant again so that is so exciting for her.
I spent the week shopping with my mom and then again for my mom with my dad, drinking eggnog, eating boxed cereal and name brand string cheese, making christmas treats to deliver, visiting my grandma and aunt, winning monopoly, looking out on the lake and wrapping presents for my siblings. I couldn't have had a better week. But the ride home was MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! that word is actually an understatement for how it actually went. Let me explain


1.) too much snow so my dad had to bring me to the airport at 5:30
2) I miss the earlier plane so i have to wait for my original plane at 9AM
3) That plane is delayed... only then to be cancelled because Spokane airport is closed.
4) So i miss my connecting flight to Boise and have to wait in a line for a new flight for 2 Hours
5) My new flight is at NOON going straight to boise. and oh wait it is delayed too
6) 2 hours later they finally have a plane and a crew and they board us on the plane.
7) we are set for take off but no we loose radar and sit on the plane for another glorious hour.
8) so finally at 3pm PST we take off and land in boise at 5 pm MST
9) my shuttle to Rexburg comes at 6 and so i hurry to catch it. i sit down to finally relax
10) this is when i know my luck sucks. THE BUS BREAKS DOWN
11) we drive on the shoulder at a whapping 25 miles per hour and it quote "solves the PROBLEM" so thus we travel in the snow at 25 all the way to Pocettello. a trip on average lasting 3 hours now took us 7.
12) so i miss my connecting bus at Pocetello. LUCKILY the only gracious thing that happened on this trip home the midnight bus waited for us to pull in at 12:30AM so that I did not have to wait until the next bus at 8 am!!
13) so then we made record time getting from pokey to rexburg we pulled in around 1:20!
14) but only to find out that someone getting off before me too my luggage on accident.
15) so around 3am MST a lady and her husband return my stolen luggage to my lovely hallway home. finally i could go to sleep and i never slept so good in my entire life.

So if you actually read through all that you can see how horrible the return trip was. But it was great to come home to my baby. He claims he missed me more than i missed him but i am doubtful of that ha ha.
Thanks family for the great fun filled trip!! i miss you all already.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

OMG COURT!!!!!!! That sounds AWFUL!!
I'm glad that you eventually made it home safe!! How is the Rexburg weather?

Shari said...

Sounds like so much fun. lol I'm glad you are home safe. I can't imagine the trip you had. Kari and Lex are flying in Christmas Eve at eleven at night. I think they may have the same kind of experience. :) It is still snowing like crazy here.
I didn't even get to see you while you were here. I didn't realize you weren't staying longer. Hope you have a super Merry Christmas. Love your picture.

The Winns said...

Wow... your return trip to Rexburg is probably the most pathetically miserable thing I have ever heard of. That sucks! We are actually coming back to Rexburg on the 26th,(hopefully the weather will let up...) We haven't even started packing anything to move yet, but we need to be out by the 31st. Oh jeez. But, I'll probably see you! Happy anniversary, it's so exciting to make that first year milestone!