Sunday, September 7, 2008

So much to Blog about!!!

So school starts tomorrow and I am SO excited. Me and Travis are both going this semester so it will be so fun. We're not taking math this semester because it was the wrong class. but were going to try to take a religion next semester together. I am on the home stretch with only 3 more semesters left. If everything goes as planned i will be graduating in July and student teaching in Fall!!
i have already started on some of my classes. "The Killers" I am making a resource file which is going to be a teaching file with over 100 idea to with little kids. With examples. Made Professionally. So that is going to be tough. But i have been starting them so hopefully that will be rewarding. I made a quiet book and some file games. I also got my own file cart. I felt like such a teacher. It was exciting. It has wheels so i can push it around and fill it with all my ideas. If anyone has ideas of things to make please hand them over so i can use them!!

This is a Page of the Quiet book i made from felt. i made a 20 page book of all different scenes.

This is the cool teacher file cart i was so excited about!!

This is a File Game that has to do with nutrition.

This is a silly puppet i made out of a stuffed animal. I just cut is mouth and made a mouth piece and sewed it into it so its jaw moves.

i had a craft night with my friends and made this adorable frame for my bathroom. i love it so much i am probably going to make even more. It was so easy. I just used a frame and an extra piece of glass and used a rub-on and hot glue. You rub the vinyl or sticker on the extra piece of glass and then glue it to the other sheet of glass so the sticker or rub on is in the center of the 2 pieces of glass and then hot glue it to the frame.



Church was wonderful today. I am turning over a new leaf. I am no longer going to be scared of everything. some may laugh but i am serious. It is time for the Fearless Courtney to Live and Love life. I realized today that my fears hinder my progress in my life. I worry myself sick on my irrational fears But its time for me to regain my life and stop being a scardy cat! I am also going to remember my blessings so i can be happy. This life is so meaningful we just need to realize how wonderful it is. I feel like i waste so much time being sad and i could use that time to brighten others and do things that will make me a better person. This is the only time in my life when i get to go to school and learn and have a ton of friends in my same circumstance. I am going to live the life i have always dreamed about instead of just wishing for it!! Its time for my old motto "life is too short to be unhappy" to be back in my life. I am so excited i just wish i would have decided this years ago!!
I believe that is all the updates on us... So wish us luck with school and hopefully it will be enjoyed but also go by quickly so we can come home foe CHRISTMAS!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

your ideas for teaching look great! I want to make a quiet book for CC for church!! Did you follow a pattern? Love the frame its super cute! you are so crafty! I miss the burg and craft nights!!

Nicole said...

That frame is soo cute Court!! I want to make one!!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Orchideh~ said...

I love you too Courtney!! We will do that!!!! So oh my your blog is sooo good!! I should have done a before schol started ..... dang it!!!!