Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Tribute to my FAMILY



I have been so incredibly homesick these last few weeks and I was just on my friend Ashley's blog when I saw she had a school assignment to write a "tribute to her family" so I thought this might sum up all the thoughts I have been having about my wonderful home. And maybe help me vent and feel a little less homesick.

First my dad scott. He is the hardest working man I know. He works so so hard so my family can have a good life. We give him headaches and grey hair in return. He was always really strict on me but I know that it has made me into the great person I am today. Who know what I would have done if I didn't have the secret fear of what he'd do to me ha ha

Next my Ma Mere. She is so amazing. I don't know what I would do with out her example. She makes me laugh and cry and strive to be a better person everyday. She cleans and cooks like a mad woman and still has time to bargain shop. She has done so many things for me and my siblings and always puts our needs before her own.

My sister Clara is absolutely gorgeous.  Although we didn't always get along she has been such an example to me. She is so strong and doesn't let others bring her down. She is her own person and does things her own way no matter what people think. She is very dramatic but it brings such excitement into the home. I am so proud of her in all the things she's accomplished.

My Brother Christian is the most talented person. He just tries something and he is instantly good at it. He is naturally good at sports and has rock hard abs too boot. He is funny and handsome and smart. He really cares about people and school. He is also really good with little kids.

My other sister Chloe is a gem. She is extremely artistic and creative. She puts up with so much and is the peacemaker in our home. She gave up her bed for me the entire summer so i had somewhere to sleep. Chloe would do anything for anyone even if she didn't know them. She has tons of friends and I know why.

And Last but not Least Chase. Chaser is a a ladies man. Everyone that knows him likes him. He is very intelligent and might even be better than me at math. He is really funny and has lots of sports talent. He is really good at saving money and buys a lot of his own things at age 11. He is going to be really successful someday.

So that is my family. But now I have my own family so this is also a tribute to them!!

Travis is the hot stud I married 5 months ago. He is really athletic and can talk to anyone. He makes me feel so loved and deserving of all the blessing I've received. He holds the priesthood that blesses our homes (notice the S because we move so frequently.) I trust him with any decision he makes. He paid for his own mission because it was that important to him to share the gospel he knew with others. He is so talented and patient with me when i am being such a stinker.

And Neiko. My baby. Neikster always knows when I need a cuddle. Even when I just pout he is always there. He is so so so cute even when he does something bad he should get into trouble for. I am constantly laughing or smiling at something is does. He has been my new buddy in a lonely place.

So there it is my wonderful family. that felt good. "It's not about being read its about being written." gurken off of Sydney White. if you don't know what i am talking about you should watch that movie it is hilarious. 

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I love you Courtney!!!!!!! You are just so great and such a great example to me!!!! I hope to someday be a wife and a great person just like you!!!! I miss you tons!!!!!!

Katie Bolton said...

awe, this is so cute. Well, if I was going to virginia, I would be your friend. lol. My sister in law is actually going to be there, so at least I'll know one other person there. :) for now, we can be blogging buddies!
-katie

Elise said...

Twavis,
We need to get together with you guys some time. We will be in I.F. on Father's Day weekend. If you guys are around, we want to see you.
Chris and Elise

~Orchideh~ said...

I love you. very much , i miss you and you make me feel like such a good person sometimes and I look up to you.

Courtney said...

Elise and Chris.
if your bloggers you need to publicly share your page. We'd love to see it. Were in Virginia until September but if you are around in the fall we'd love to get together
courtney and travis

Sam said...

What a cute family!