Friday, June 6, 2008

AND the Days Pass

Well it is now the sixth of June and I couldn't be happier that time is passing. 

I have Enjoyed a lot of good mail lately that has brightened my day. My mom sent a package to indy that finally made it too me with some new clothes so i couldn't be happier about that!!! i also got a lovely card from My FBF Opal. And a wedding card from one of me and travis' old High School Teacher. I was thrilled. Although getting mail in Virginia is a task. The state of Virginia is a "common wealth" state so the public doesn't own government things. You must order your mail box and then they come change the lock and then issue a new key, which you must go pick up. I think it is funny they do not trust the apartment complex with such a tedious task. 
other weird things about Virginia is:
#1 a gallon of milk = $4.07 even at walmart. that is more than a gallon of gas.  My conclusion they must not have Cows in Virginia.
#2 if you get a ticket you must pay it 3 times. once a year for 3 years. Obviously they want to remind you of the consequence.
#3 To park in a parking garage for 30 minutes for a job interview you must pay $2.00. That parking man was not going to let me talk my way out of that one.
and finally #4 they have gated Jewish Communities which i am now an employee of.

Other news. I got a new J.crew swimming suit to add to my collection. Nicole i know you will appreciate that!!! Funny thing was i didn't tell travis until after it was on its way. And since he didn't care i think i might just get another one... ok ok no i won't but it was fun to tell him i did it again.

Neiko is doing good. still barking much less thanks to his new collar. now i only put it on when i leave. hooray. I also bought him some new food and he liked it but took out all the green pieces that supposed to be vegetable flavor. (I think he is taking after travis who told me yesterday not to put lettuce on his sandwiches because it makes them too healthy.) But he ate the green treat bone so i know a way to trick him into eating his vegetables. Now only if there were those bones for people. Silly Boys.

So all is well with the Mattoons. Hope everything is going good for all of you as well. Pictures will come soon enough i am sure

4 comments:

Nicole said...

HAHAHA!!! Courtney! You are so funny. I am laughing right now. I am soo glad you got a suit!! You, Travis, Nathan, and I all should go hottubing or something so we can wear them together!! :) Love you!

Anna said...

Im glad you are having a better time in VA!!! what is your job exactly?

~Orchideh~ said...

I love you, I am glad you seem to be liking VA more. That is very good, although milk... wow that's expensive I bet it's the same in GA though maybe a little less. I think that comment about silly boys was way cute how neither your husband or dog will eat veggis ha ha! Well I am glad all is well. :)

Caitlan said...

Yay for new swimsuits- I've recently discovered the beauty of J. Crew flip flops. I don't know how I ever lived before.