Friday, June 22, 2012

IV iron infusions

I spent Wednesday friday and will spend Sunday in the hospital this week. I know right when will it end! I went to the hemotologist last week to discover my iron levels have crashed once again. My iron levels were down to 7. 10-12 is anemic so they are dangerously low. After waiting a week for the insurance to approve we got set up and I spent 10-6 in the hospital being hooked up to 1600mg over three sets. I was very nervous because there are some awful side effects ( coma heart attack, death etc) i read a lot of people compare it to chemo. But im doing great i got some burning so they had to slow down the drip and its been fine. They are long and boring. It actually looks just like diet coke! I am so lucky to have such amazing friends. Jaimie Josie and Rachel watched mason and Travis and Ashley and Jaime came to keep me company. I really an so thankful for their support. They sent me photos of my little guy to brighten my spirits. I can't believe all that has happened to me but my love for Mason just keeps on growing. I have unlimited love for him and am so grateful to be his mamma. Now hopefully these treatments will work and it will be my last visit to the hospital for a very long time.

2 comments:

The Asay's said...

you poor thing. you are such a tropper. So glad you are doing okay though.

miriam said...

oh my goodness courtney! I wish I could help out in some way. Hopefully this will all be behind you soon.