Thursday, August 20, 2009

Seattle Trip and 1st day of Student Teaching

I had a short "summer." Since i went to school until July 23 then worked full time until August 7th then went to Seattle for 10 days, I only really got 2 days to completely relax and do nothing. So needless to say it has been quite a whirl wind summer.
I thought i'd share some of the pictures from our trip.
Can i first just say that we have the BEST family ever. My family is great and i have the greatest in-laws so basically i am just double lucky. Travis' family and my family live like 5 minutes apart so it's super convenient to see both sides when we visit.
We had a super fun time shopping, eating out, eating good home baked meals, playing with my niece and nephew and catching up. I just loved every minute of it.
We made it to a mariners game and even though we lost i was so excited to be at safeco. Here are some pictures. We are wearing matching Griffey jerseys ahhh






I also got to see Abe my favorite little boy ever. He has Down Syndrome and we've been friends since he was 4. i can't believe he is already 11! anyways he absolutely adores travis and his family is wonderful so i was glad we had the chance to see him again. They also own a SNAKE and i kissed it !! it licked my nose!






For those who want an update how my first day of student teaching went it was great. I already get along great with my cooperating teacher. I can't wait to work with the kids and get more and more experiences.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute pictures Court!! I love Mariners games. I haven't seen you in so long!!!! Hope all is well. I'm home all day with Annie, so if you have a chance and want to hang out, go for a walk, catch up, then feel free!!! :)

Ma Mere said...

I like the Mariners pictures! Let me know how the teaching is coming along! Love and miss you! Looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks!

~Mom

Shari said...

Wish we could have seen you more when you were up but I guess we'll see you in the Burg. Glad teaching is going great so far, first days are an important indicator and I have no doubt you will do great. Kissing a snake though, not so sure about that. lol

Trish @ Dream On Momma said...

AHH! COURTNEY HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY!??!!? That snake could have eaten you!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I can barely get close to snakes even when there is 2 inches of glass in front of it. Glad you had a fun trip. I am really dreading leaving VA in 3 days. But I am so glad to come back and see my girlfriends :)

stacy marie said...

Wow girl, you are brave to be cuddlin with that creature. You look happy and cute by the way!! I hope everything goes great for you and your career/life! You're going to be awesome, I can just tell these things :)