Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NEW JOB HOORAY

Well i am no longer going to sit around in my apartment all day. I start my new job Friday. I got a job at the "academy of Learning" at Butler University.  It is a daycare preschool facility that takes care of kids whose parents are in school. but the best part is that it is like a pre pre school you have to do lesson plans and teach the children. I am going to be in charge of the 2 year old room where i will teach 5 little kids. This will help me so much with my degree and practicums that are coming up in school. I am really excited. I was considered highly qualified so i get paid extra. Also i am the only white person that works there. Its going to be a whole new adventure.

Today i had to get a Drug test. Had to pee in a cup. I have a problem peeing on command so i spent a lovely 2 hours there. Chatting it up with the black men you know lol. Boy do i hate those. those as in drug tests not people.... The lady said that you should only have to take a drug test if you look suspicious. She said if you can fool them you should be given the job. It was pretty funny.

I also had to get a TB test taken (i am clear no worries) but the lady was this funny little black lady. she told me if i had TB that the bump would over take my arm. I laughed and she got all serious and said "no for real it will" it was so funny.

Now here are some funny stories about the people here in Indiana.... SO Entertaining....

I was filling up gas and there was this bumping car that past and i start all gangster dancing and this old black lady and her kid were cracking up at me. It was hilarious. 

Last story is i was checking out at Wally world and this black lady cashing us out was like "oo i like your necklace is it real?" and i told her it was and she said all ghetto "oh bet that'd look so good against my silky skin." i was a little scared so i think i got to be a little more careful of my wifey pearls.

I got plenty more but i realize they aren't half as funny to read as they are to tell so i guess i'll have to tell you them or something. anyways thats all for now love ya

5 comments:

Anna said...

yay for the new job! Im excited for you!

Ashley said...

hahaha!!!! Courtney i LOVE reading your blog!!! Those stories really are way funny!!!!!! Congrats on the job!!! You will do soooo great!!!!!! I misee ya!!!! love ya!!

Sam said...

I thought you were selling with Travis... oh well, this job sounds like a lot more fun!

Nicole said...

Hey! I just got your post... check your byui email, I sent you the recipe and stuff on Friday. Let me know if you did not get it! Love you! :)

Shari said...

Kind of helps you realize just what a sheltered life you have led hey Courtney? I'm glad you are getting some culture. Careful with the gansta moves though girl, you just might tick somebody off.